Web Page Hanging

Discussion in 'macOS' started by bboucher790, Aug 25, 2008.

1. bboucher790 macrumors 65816

bboucher790

Hey guys, I have a 2.0 CDUO iMac w/ OSX 10.5.4 and the latest everything. No updates needed. I have sufficient memory and my CPU usage aren't out of the norm when this happens.

My Safari / Firefox hangs on pages where there is lots of Flash (Myspace / IGN / etc.) It loads half/three quarters, then will stop....every time. If it hangs, it will cause other sites I have tabbed to not work as well. I have to close the site that is hanging in order to get other sites to work again. I have tried the same sites on my Macbook and have no problems. I have had this problem on Tiger / Leopard....clean installs do not help. I have also had multiple routers and have used both DSL / Cable...neither work well.

Anyone have a clue how to fix this? Thanks in advance.

2. Dmac77 macrumors 68020

Dmac77

Weird, I would think that a CD iMac would be able to handle flash sufficiently. Can you play videos on Youtube? When did this problem start?

Don

3. bboucher790 thread starter macrumors 65816

bboucher790

Hmm...I tried disabling every plugin I have, including Flash. Same thing. It seems to hang up every time on myspace pages with pictures etc. I know myspace isn't the greatest of sites, it's just the "king site" to diagnose this problem for me.

I also tried Parallels inside OSX and Windows has no problems with MySpace. I noticed in the Windows status bar that the sites I have problems with load a HELL of a lotta pictures in a short amount of time (myspace, ign.com etc). I'm guessing OSX is seeing this as a threat and is either blocking it, slowing down the traffic, or something. I just can't figure it out.