Web page problems. Can't take online test.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by 2Sunny, Nov 17, 2007.

1. 2Sunny macrumors member

After 10 months with my first Mac I finally ran into a minor issue I couldn't figure out on my own. I was trying to take an online NY state hunter education course that has pop quizzes where one must match labels with pictures using drag and drop, but I can not drag and drop using Safari instead I get a Safari pop up window that says "unknown response".

Is there a setting I can change or a key stroke sequence I can use that will enable me to take these quizzes, or do I need to load IE to solve my problem?

Here's a link to the quiz

Hunter Education Pop Quiz

Thanks to any and all for their help!

Joe

2. savanahrose macrumors 6502a

savanahrose

Sorry no can do on the IE for mac. Can he use another browser? Such as firefox?[​IMG]

INTERNET EXPLORER FOR MAC NO LONGER AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD

In June 2003, the Microsoft Macintosh Business Unit announced that Internet Explorer for Mac would undergo no further development, and support would cease in 2005. In accordance with published support lifecycle policies, Microsoft ended support for Internet Explorer for Mac on December 31st, 2005, and is not providing any further security or performance updates.

Accordingly, as of January 31st, 2006, Internet Explorer for the Mac is no longer available for download from Microsoft. It is recommended that Macintosh users migrate to more recent web browsing technologies such as Apple's Safari. [​IMG]

Sorry looked some more and found these, but with them being so old, I don't know if they will work.

Software Provider: Microsoft, Inc.
    Current Version: Internet Explorer 5.2.3
    Operating Systems: Mac OS 8, 9, X or later
    Licence: Freeware

Old Versions of Internet Explorer available to Download:
    Internet Explorer 2.0 (2 MB)
    Internet Explorer 2.0.1 (1 MB)
    Internet Explorer 2.1 (2 MB)
    Internet Explorer 3.01 (12 MB)
    Internet Explorer 4 0 (14 MB)
    Internet Explorer 4.01 (15 MB)
    Internet Explorer 4.5 (6 MB)
    Internet Explorer 5 (7 MB)
    Internet Explorer 5.01 (10 MB)
    Internet Explorer 5.1.7 (11 MB)
    Internet Explorer 5.15 (5 MB)
    Internet Explorer 5.1.3 (7 MB)
    Internet Explorer 5.1.4 (5 MB)
    Internet Explorer 5.2.3 (7 MB) (Last Version)

3. NAG macrumors 68030

NAG

Well it looks like it is using javascript and maybe shockwave from macromedia circa 1999.

I would try installing shockwave and see if that works.

4. 2Sunny thread starter macrumors member

Shockwave.

Thanks for the replies. Tried the Shockwave solution with no luck. Inorder to do so I had to change to opening Safari in Rosetta emulation. Should I set Safari back to native? (Not that I know what any of that means :rolleyes:)

So if I really want to get this done would the gurus recommend Boot Camp or Parallels as a possible solution?

Thanks again for all the help,

Joe

5. NAG macrumors 68030

NAG

Are you sure you downloaded the most recent version from macromedia's website?

Edit: wow they've decided to not update it to be universal. Okay...

Anyway, is this going to be a common issue or just a one time deal (the website)? If it is a one time deal I would go to the public library.

6. 2Sunny thread starter macrumors member

One time deal . . .

This is most definitely a one time deal. One which is easily solved since I don't have to take the online course because I am taking a 2 day all inclusive course and the online course is simply for my personal "extra credit", BUT being the OCD type A individual that I am - I am compelled by inner demons to make my MacBook usable on that website hence my tendency towards Boot Camp or Parallels. Anyways, NAG, you are far too kind to have indulged my stupidity to the extent to which you have, and I can only say thank-you. If you ever get into salt water aquariums give me a call because I will "hook you up" with some cool stuff. Here's my obsession

BlueFrags

Like I said, thanks again ;)

Joe