Web sharing not working

Discussion in 'macOS' started by jmmo20, Nov 17, 2007.

1. jmmo20 macrumors 65816

Hello,

A few weeks ago when I did a clean install of 10.5.0 I found that web sharing wasn't working at all. Whenever I tried to access localhost/~myaccount apache returned a Forbidden access error message.

I was suggested to create a myaccount.conf file in /etc/apache2/users/ .. I did and nothing happened, the problem persisted.

Now with 10.5.1 I expected this to be fixed, but that didn't happen either. Instead I tried to create a new user account in my computer and then found, to my astonishment, that web sharing worked. I even compared the user.conf file for that account with my user.conf and the only difference was the directory of course (/Users/useraccount***/Sites) .. all other arguments were the same.

So.. I have no idea what is going on here!! I wouldn't want to go through the hassle of creating a new user account and migrate all my settings to the new one...

2. NAG macrumors 68030

NAG

Does apache have read access to your site folder? (What are the permissions to the folder set as?)

3. jmmo20 thread starter macrumors 65816

I compared the access permissions of my Site's folder with the Site's flder of the test user I created (where Web sharing did work) and the permissions are the same:

Unix permissions: read for all (user+group+others)
    ACL permissions:
    owner r+w
    group (staff) r only
    others r only

4. JonD25 macrumors 6502

5. jmmo20 thread starter macrumors 65816