Web sites not coming up but they used to?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by sako7stw, Sep 21, 2008.

1. sako7stw macrumors member

There are several sites I used to go on that now I cant get my Mac to pull up. I get on my wifes PC and it pulls them up fine. I have tried it on both Safari and Firefox with the same results. THIS IS DRIVING ME CRAZY!! Please help me.

2. Phrasikleia macrumors 601

Phrasikleia

What exactly goes wrong? Do you get a 404 message?

3. sako7stw thread starter macrumors member

It says address not found. The site for instance, that i am trying to get to pull up is www.ksl.com . Pulls up fine on my wifes PC like I said. And she is using Firefox as well.

4. sako7stw thread starter macrumors member

Thought I would add that surfing has also slowed to a snails pace! My wifes PC is on the same network and its cruising so I know its not that.

5. Phrasikleia macrumors 601

Phrasikleia

That site pops right up for me. Sounds like a WiFi issue. If you're using wireless, try plugging directly into your router with an ethernet cable to see if things change. If you're back up to speed, then you need to fiddle with your WiFi settings (like changing the channel, maybe).

6. sako7stw thread starter macrumors member

Ok I went in and checked all the WIFI stuff. I went through and re set-up my network through diagnostics. It then was back to normal. BUT after loading maybe 3 or 4 pages it went back to the way it was. I went back in and set it up again and yet again it was back to normal. Yet again after 3 or four pages it went back to crawling. When I pull up diagnostics ISP is orange then goes green right away. Internet, and server are both orange. After I start setting it up they both change to green again but unless I go through the whole thing, it wont work.

While it was working it pulled up the site I mentioned above with zero issues.