Web sites won't recognize photos added to iPhoto since moving data

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Mr. Imperial, Dec 11, 2011.

1. Mr. Imperial macrumors newbie

Mr. Imperial

So, I'm stymied. I haven't seen a solution or question already asked that is precisely like my problem, so I thought I'd just ask it myself.

A couple months ago, I did something to bork up the permissions in Lion - if I could be more specific I would. The solution as it eventually dawned on me and the actually really helpful guy at the Genius Bar, after trying literally everything possible besides wiping, was to just wipe the HDD and start over. So that's what I did. I used Time Machine to back up everything so that I could just import the data into the new programs, without simply copying everything over including preferences using Migration Assistant. Lo and behold, it fixed all my permissions problems. But now I have a new problem.

Whenever I want to upload photos to a website, such as Flickr (or any other - I've tried many of them), photos added to my iPhoto '09 library after that migration happened do not appear in the Media browser window. Everything before the migration is there, but nothing after. This is not the case for pictures taken in Photo Booth, interestingly enough.

I've verified and repaired disk permissions, I've cleaned out all the iPhoto plist files, both in Library/Caches and Library/App Support. I've opt+cmd started iPhoto and 1) rebuilt all thumbnails, and 2) examined and repaired iPhoto permissions. I've cleared out all the caches on all my browsers. Nothing has worked. I imagine upgrading to iPhoto '11 may help, but I'm not sure. I'm willing to give that a shot if it's the last option.

2. Mr. Imperial thread starter macrumors newbie

Mr. Imperial

Ok, think I have a solution. Seems to be working now.

A gentleman on the Apple Support site suggested using iPhoto Library Manager to rebuild the library. Took several hours, but I think it's fixed.