Web Tables

Discussion in 'macOS' started by mcavjame, Apr 6, 2008.

1. mcavjame macrumors 65816

mcavjame

Well, I was a little disappointed this evening when setting up my playoff hockey pool. I wanted to use my new Pages 08 because it is a universal app on my new Intel based mini. I was copying player stat tables from the web to paste into the prep document. No matter what I did, I could not get the information to paste as a table. I even tried to bring the info into Numbers without success.

I had to go to my MS Word v.X, because I knew would handle the information. I was again disappointed that this 7 year old app handled the tables so easily when my brand new iApp could not *sigh*.

Can anyone tell me if I could do anything to remedy the problem?

2. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

If you don't mind can you show us what you were attempting to paste?

3. mcavjame thread starter macrumors 65816

mcavjame

The stats are in a table, like any you might find all over the web. I am not sure if this link will work, as it has a active server page reference: http://www.pickuphockey.com/hp/hp_nhlreport.aspx

It doesn't matter, as I have already done the work with MS Office. I was just curious as to why Pages could not handle the task.

Here is a screen grab of the data:

Attached Files:

• nhl.png
      nhl.png
      File size:
      35.2 KB
      Views:
  4. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

Yeah, it wouldn't let me in. You could get the info in, but it would not paste into a table like? Just wanting to make sure I have this correct. I was able to get info from msn.com the structure was the same, but there was not table. If that makes sense.

5. mcavjame thread starter macrumors 65816

mcavjame

Yes, the info pastes, but not as a table. That would make a ton of work to reformat all the data.

6. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

Couldn't tell you. I spent about a half hour trying to do it to and it won't. Went to help and that was no help.

Sorry I couldn't help. Hopefully someone with more advanced experience with this program can shed some light for us on how to do this.