Webapps questions - iPod Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by JCPH, Nov 8, 2007.

1. JCPH macrumors member

Hello all,

I've got a couple of questions about the webapps for the iPod Touch. The first is, do you need to remain connected to a wifi network to keep the app running (for example, apps that don't require the internet, like games). Can you download apps, or at least the shortcuts to some apps?

Also, (assuming I'm usually in a wifi hotspot), are the webapps good enough, or would you jail-break it and put real apps on the touch?

Does jail-breaking the iPod Touch void its waranty (like with the iPhone)?

Thanks, I'm sure I'll have more questions later!

2. FunkyMonkey macrumors 6502

1. You don't need to stay connected unless the game needs to reload. I think it depends on the game.

2. The only way to download apps is to Jailbreak it.

3. I don't use webapps very much because mine is Jailbroken, so I couldn't tell you.

4. Yes, it voids the warranty.

3. JCPH thread starter macrumors member

So because you jail-broke it, does that mean you cannot install any firmware or software updates?

Do you think there'll be many more major updates that could potentially make the iPod Touch more useful and productive? A new version (i.e., iPod Touch 2) won't be coming out soon, will it...?

4. djstarrock macrumors 6502a

djstarrock

If anything goes wrong then with the iPod touch not related to Jailbreaking it. You cab just restore and send it back to apple they would never know that you jailbroke you iPod touch.

5. beastybryan macrumors newbie

Cant add webapps to homescreen on itouch

I for some reason when I try to add a webapp to my homepage on my itouch, but I can only add it as a bookmark and thats it. I have jailbroken my itouch but then i eventually updated my touch to a 1.1.3. so the jailbroken apps and everything is gone and back to how i first got my ipod from the box. someone please shed some light on what might be happening to me. thanks.