webcam able to use in MSN?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by samrulestothema, Feb 9, 2008.

1. samrulestothema macrumors regular

hi there,

could anyone tell me how to get webcam on microsoft msn 6.0.3. or is it possible for me to set up my hotmail account on iChat and use my webca, through that?

thanks,

ima full on noob for macs.

thanks yo!
    Sam

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

You can't. You're not not finding it, it just isn't possible. Use iChat and route your MSN contacts through that... or Adium/aMSN, I guess...

Messenger: Mac will have it soon, though, or so they say.

3. samrulestothema thread starter macrumors regular

hi, i am really new to mac, i dont suppose you could be bothered giving me a step by step guide on how to set up ichat?i have no idea what bonjour means either.lol

Sam

4. samh004 macrumors 68020

samh004

If you want to use your webcam with MSN, with no hassles setting it up, use Mercury Messenger. It's a great third-party app, and works well, however you wont be able to do audio chats too.

If you want to do both Audio and Video then I suggest you sign up for a Skype account and ask the person you want to chat with to do the same. Alternatively you could sign up for an AIM account and use iChat for AV chats.

If your a bit frustrated over this lack of support in MSN, you know who to blame, and it's not Apple as they don't make MSN ;)

5. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

No, I can't be bothered... :p but use this, because it's exactly what I did.

http://allforces.com/2005/05/06/ichat-to-msn-through-jabber/

Works great.

6. scott:mac macrumors regular

Mercury Messenger

Yeah mate rightly said, Mercury Messenger is perfecto, nudges, winks, conferencing, everything Windows Live Messenger has except the look but im pretty sure you can customize it with skins and such.

Scott
    Mac Expert
    :apple:

7. HomerDOHDOH macrumors newbie

I am using mercury, and it is great,:D except when I turn on the "what I'm listening to" function, the personal message just says "itunes support disabled". does anyone have a solution?:confused:

8. scott:mac macrumors regular

Yeah mate, have you got the plugin installed in iTunes? if not have a look around for a plug-in.
    the only bad thing about mercury messenger is having to minimize the contact list all the time if you exit it the whole thing Force Quits.

Scott
    :apple: Leopard User

9. super9er macrumors newbie

msn account delete

can anyone who uses mercury messenger advise me how to delete a hotmail account once added to messenger?