Webcam for MacPro?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by JRJ, Aug 2, 2012.

1. JRJ macrumors newbie

I need a webcam for my MacPro for use with Skype priced under $100. Do not want a Logitech due to driver/software problems.

Thanks for heading me in the right direction.

2. chiefroastbeef macrumors 6502a

I am looking for webcam for my mp as well, gonna get the old isight to match the cinema display.

3. LeandrodaFL macrumors 6502a

LeandrodaFL

4. JRJ thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the suggestions. I haven't considered the iSight because it hasn't been made for a while, right? But, I will look into it. Thanks.

The reason I'm avoiding Logitech is I've had numerous problems with their device drivers myself and the web is rife with people who can't control their webcam features on Mac.

5. Kissaragi macrumors 68020

Youd have to be crazy to buy an isight, its ancient!

Logitech webcams work perfectly on macs but if you want to avoid them then Microsoft make really good cams too.

6. JRJ thread starter macrumors newbie

As I understand it, you can't control exposure, focus, or any other functions on Logitech or Microsoft cams.

7. Kissaragi macrumors 68020

You dont need to, it does it all for you.

8. lostless macrumors 6502

You can't manually manage then as the apps are only for windows. I bought the cheapest 720p web cam that logotech made and it works just fine on a Mac. Other than the microphone being called "unknown audio device" in osx, no issues.

9. cube42 macrumors newbie

Don'T Buy LogiTech

I wanted to say, don't buy a LogiTech webcam for your Mac. While it can be a good camera, the lack of logitech for updating their drivers is very very bad. So u buy now a camera and two years later u can buy a new one because they support Mac Os X terrible.