Webcam for MacPro?

JRJ

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 2, 2008
I need a webcam for my MacPro for use with Skype priced under $100. Do not want a Logitech due to driver/software problems.

Thanks for heading me in the right direction.

LeandrodaFL

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2011

JRJ

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 2, 2008
Thanks for the suggestions. I haven't considered the iSight because it hasn't been made for a while, right? But, I will look into it. Thanks.

The reason I'm avoiding Logitech is I've had numerous problems with their device drivers myself and the web is rife with people who can't control their webcam features on Mac.

Kissaragi

macrumors 68020
Nov 16, 2006
Youd have to be crazy to buy an isight, its ancient!

Logitech webcams work perfectly on macs but if you want to avoid them then Microsoft make really good cams too.

JRJ

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 2, 2008
Youd have to be crazy to buy an isight, its ancient!

Logitech webcams work perfectly on macs but if you want to avoid them then Microsoft make really good cams too.
As I understand it, you can't control exposure, focus, or any other functions on Logitech or Microsoft cams.

lostless

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2005
As I understand it, you can't control exposure, focus, or any other functions on Logitech or Microsoft cams.
You can't manually manage then as the apps are only for windows. I bought the cheapest 720p web cam that logotech made and it works just fine on a Mac. Other than the microphone being called "unknown audio device" in osx, no issues.

cube42

macrumors newbie
Aug 26, 2012
Don'T Buy LogiTech

I wanted to say, don't buy a LogiTech webcam for your Mac. While it can be a good camera, the lack of logitech for updating their drivers is very very bad. So u buy now a camera and two years later u can buy a new one because they support Mac Os X terrible.