webcam help/what is the best router for my MacBook Pro?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by joanchips, Oct 4, 2009.

1. joanchips macrumors newbie

I'm having difficulty with the DLink Router staying connected. It goes off line every 30 seconds (WBR 2310). What is the best Router for my MacBook Pro 2.33 GHZ? Also can someone hlep me figure out how to use my webcam since I've never had one before?

2. arjen92 macrumors 65816

arjen92

He,

I can't say which router you should use. But have you reset the thing (probably yes)? Just turn it off and on. Should fix most problems. Still problems? type your ip adres into the bar (something like 192.94.225.202). For me it's enough to type speedtouch.lan in safari.

You mean the webcam in your macbook pro? not an external? Cause it's pretty simple actually (ofcourse it isn't when you've never heard of it). Just open "photo booth". (from programs or spotlight). You can make photos, videos and with a lot funny effects.

3. joanchips thread starter macrumors newbie

ISight use

What I'm trying to figure out is how to connect with a friend live on another computer. How do I do that? Thanks for the help with the router. I'll see if it acts any different after I've turned it off and on.

O.K. I know this is going to sound ignorant but where do I find my "IP?"

Thanks!

4. joanchips thread starter macrumors newbie

Router problems & live streaming

Hello,
    Thanks for one reply one the router. I know there's someone out there that can help me live stream with another friend (face to face talking) on the computer. Your experience is needed. Thanks!

5. belvdr macrumors 603

Our family uses Skype to talk to family on various operating systems. We've used it with great results. iChat is also available, but only on OS X.

6. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

First try upgrade firmware.

Change channel.
    Add password.

Remove conflicting devices such as cordless (not cell) phones with conflicting frequency.

Otherwise get apple or linksys