Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fcpeditor113

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 20, 2009
Nashville, Tennessee
I just bought a Mac Mini G4 with Leopard installed in it. I got tired of slow PCs and decided to finally upgrade to a Mac since I use them at school for up to 3 hours a day.

I have installed all the programs I need for my film editing, photography, and design. But I decided to hook-up my webcam so I can video chat with friends. I am not that savvy about webcams and Mac's. It is a older Logitech QuickCam Webcam. It does not show that it is plugged into the usb port at all.

If anyone could tell me what to do, besides having to buy a new one unless I absolutely have to, and get it working with iChat I would appreciate it.

Thank you.

jzuena

macrumors 65816
Feb 21, 2007
Macs do not support third-party USB webcams by default. Try iUSBCam.

In addition, even with iUSBcam or the free Macam not all Logitech webcams are supported. Make sure to verify your camera is supported before trying either of these.

Macs do support some third party cameras by default. I have a Macally one on my mini and didn't need any software to get it working.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.