Webform keystroke issue

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by jasimon9, Mar 25, 2009.

1. jasimon9 macrumors regular

I have recently gotten my first iMac, after using DOS since 2.1 and after than Windows since version 3.0.

In certain web forms (I believe those created using TinyMCE in particular), seem to not support certain keystrokes. Specifically, I have not been able to find keystrokes for "beginning of line" and "end of line", which are normally Command-Left and Command-Right.

On Windows the Home and End keys perform these functions correctly as expected.

Is there another keystroke combination that works, or is it a problem with the TinyMCE text box implementation?

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

It must be a problem with TinyMCE. I've never encountered a situation where that didn't work. :confused:

3. jasimon9 thread starter macrumors regular

Actually I believe you are right as the upgraded version is said to correct for issues with "meta keys on the Mac."

However I have found a potentially greater issue of inconsistency. In Windows I cannot think of any program which I have used which did not implement Home as "beginning-of-line" and End as "end-of-line". However on the Mac it seems that sometimes Ctrl-Arrow is needed and other times Command-Arrow is needed.

While I don't like the two-key and three-key combinations that are implemented with one key elsewhere, I can get used to it. It will be much harder to get used to an context-sensitive inconsistency.

Weirdly, in VMWare running windows, sometimes the old windows key sequences are needed, and sometimes the mac sequences are needed. This is even being inconsistent in the inconsistency. As has been said, "it is not even wrong."