WebHost Discussion

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by supercooled, Nov 13, 2009.

1. supercooled macrumors 6502a

Has anyone compiled a list of webhosts that meet the casual to the most demanding needs? I thought there would be a sticky on such topic already but I can't find anything regarding the subject.

I'm looking to start a website of my own, starting out small and humble but would eventually like to add the occasional a/v blog which I could defer to Youtube for their bandwidth. Are there any good webhosts people recommend?

Thanks

2. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

There's a number of hosts listed in the stickies. Each host generally offers a number of tiers so that they can cater to a number of needs from users.

3. supercooled thread starter macrumors 6502a

That was hard to find and nothing really descriptive. I'm trying to draw from the experience of the members here to possibly create a primer on which webhost is good/bad. Perhaps engage in a discussion on which is Mac friendly, i.e one that offers a bare-bones service or one more like .Me that has integrations like Flickr/Facebook, etc.

Seems like it's something we could use to add a little dimension.

4. SrWebDeveloper macrumors 68000

SrWebDeveloper

Plenty of discussions already exist - might want to do and advanced search with keyword "webhosts" in title and posts in this forum only, I got 45 topics when I tried it.

The short listing in the sticky topic are companies commonly mentioned here with excellent feedback, i.e. true and tested. FYI

Don't mind opening a new discussion, glad to delve into the details with you (i.e. you need to be more specific), but maybe browse through some existing ones and get a feel for often recommended hosts and then post followup questions and concerns here. :)

-jim

5. Dal123 macrumors 6502a

Dal123

I only have basic website, but I can recommend www.123reg.co.uk whenever I ask a question it is responded within 24 hours and service so far has been good. I am pleased :)