Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr_Brightside_@

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 23, 2005
Toronto
Right, so my cousin is into this new Webkinz thing (really into, with 70 apparently) and I do not understand it. I do understand that you buy the doll/ animal, then you get a code with it that lets you create any entity/being for it online. What I am wondering is can you get multiple dolls that are the same, with different personalities? I imagine you can, but for people in the know, do kids care getting the same ones? The reindeer looks pretty cool, but I am not sure if it's spoken for yet, so would it matter if she were to get two (or more...)? Oh and what are the trading cards?
... I am asking here because I'm hoping someone knows, and weird questions like this always seem to get answered... cheers.

Mammoth

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2005
Canada
I suspect that every time you buy a new one you get to customize attributes of it, like the name, etc etc. :confused:

pilotError

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2006
Long Island
Webkinz are pretty cute. The attraction isn't really the animal itself, but the online experience.

Essentially the code opens up the web site for a year. You have a pretty wide range of things to do online. You work and play games for kinz cash and then you can buy things (food, clothes, furniture, etc..). They can play alone or against others.

If you buy more than one, don't register the other codes as they will all expire one year after they are entered. Once you register a pet, they will have access to each pet online (kind of like multiple email accounts on the same computer). My kids where overwhelmed by trying to take care of more than one at a time.

They can have buddy lists and can communicate some basic pre-made messages (so you don't have to worry about predators). They can even give gifts to their friends.

My kids still go on the site, just not as ofter (2 years later).

The only thing is, you'll never get your computer back! LOL

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.