Webmail painfully slow on Safari

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Decophile, Dec 29, 2010.

1. Decophile macrumors newbie

Hello. I recently bought my first iMac [first mac anything] to replace an ancient PC that was driving me nuts with slow internet browsing. I have the i7 2.8Ghz.

As expected, everything has been lightening fast on my new imac, with the exception of navigation on Webmail accessed through Safari. Even my ancient slow poke PC/Internet Explorer was faster zipping through Webmail than my imac/Safari has been. This is proving to be hugely annoying and problematic since I spend a lot of time accessing my work mail/document attachments/calendar when working from home, now on my imac.

Is there a setting or something that can be adjusted to speed up webmail navigation? It literally takes about 10 seconds for anything I do on webmail to respond. This will not work. Advice would be most appreciated.

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Complain all you want. However, there is no way to help you until you give your webmail provider.

3. Decophile thread starter macrumors newbie

4. techpr macrumors 6502

techpr

As MisterMe asked, what is the webmail URL or company you use for web mail access? Is this is an independent ISP?

I use Safari 5.03 and does not have any problems on any website I visit.

5. Decophile thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm not sure what you are asking, but I'll try to respond. It is to access my work's Outlook server, so the url is webmail.[mycompanyname].com. I did not have any problems connecting into my company's Outlook through Internet Explorer. The sluggishness I'm experiencing has been since I got the iMac and browsing through Safari.

6. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

My firm also has an Exchange server that it allows only the Outlook Web Access webmail client to access from outside the LAN. OWA is specifically designed and optimized for Internet Explorer. Within IE, OWA looks like a standalone application. Within all other browsers including Safari and Firefox, OWA looks like yet another webmail client.

Having said that, I have used my firm's OWA client with several different browsers including Safari. I have not found Safari to have poorer performance than any other browser. Every installation of Exchange Server is unique. Perhaps something in your firm's server places limits on its performance in browsers other than IE. You must take that up with your IT staff.