Webmail Servers

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by wfoster, May 28, 2009.

1. wfoster macrumors 6502a

wfoster

Hi,

I'm in desperate need of your help. My Dad is going to be starting another new business of his own. He wants me to set him up a whole mail server. What we're looking for is one that I can host through the web hosting and be able to see everyones mailbox, calendar and contacts list.

The business my Dad is currently working with using Microsoft Exchange, all the e-mails, calendar dates and contacts all get saved on to there server in Head Office. I'm wanting to do the same as them. For example; my Dad got an e-mail from a customer. He can read it, reply but every e-mail, contact details and calendar events get saved on to the server.

Can anyone help me? If this is a little brief, feel free to ask more questions. Got a few months to get this all set up. Thanks.

Wesley.

2. Cabbit macrumors 68020

Cabbit

You can get a mail hosting package for a few £ a month that'll give you an MS Exchange server which will be most familiar to him.

Edit: Quick google and found these guys and they will give you a free trial

3. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

I signed up with kerio mail sever. it pushes to my iphone it has everything though the calendar is not quite as nice as google.
    it will sync with outlook and mac ( think the servers are only run on macs)

4. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

I use Gmail as the mail server for all my domains. It gives me access to all of Google's other goodies as well as an easy to use webmail client.

5. vivithemage macrumors 6502a

vivithemage

Have him rent/lease a server and set it up himself, if he knows how that is....That way he will have FULL control of over it.

6. MacSociology macrumors regular

Personally, I would recommend Rackspace. The service is great, uptime is great, and I can't remember any problems I've had during the time I've been a customer. Rackspace is considered as one of the best webhosting companies.