Webmail to Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by nelly22, Oct 1, 2015.

1. nelly22 macrumors 6502

I try to find simple app/script which parses emails from webmail webpages and saves to Mac in some standard email format. Thanks

2. superscape macrumors 6502a

superscape

Hi,

Can you explain a little about why you need to do that? It'd make suggesting an appropriate solution easier.

It seems like a slightly strange thing to do. Most webmail providers also provide SMTP/IMAP access. In fact, all the ones I can think of do (although I don't know about all of them of course)

Parsing email from a web page would be clunky and potentially unreliable - small changes to the web page could easily break anything you got set up. Wouldn't a better approach be to set up Mail to access the account and then maybe use Automator and/or AppleScript to save messages (if necessary)?

3. nelly22 thread starter macrumors 6502

Hi

I want to move emails from webmail to my Mac. There is no SMTP/IMAP/POP... access. This is one time thing and i hoped someone had created AppleScript... which i could modify. Thanks

4. superscape macrumors 6502a

superscape

An AppleScript to do the job would need to be so specific to your particular email provider that I doubt you'll find anything useful online that you can copy, paste and tweak.

Could you not forward all the emails to another account which does have, for example, IMAP and then take it from there?