webOS new tablet, this is what notifications should be like in iOS5

Discussion in 'iPad' started by aduteau, Feb 9, 2011.

1. aduteau macrumors 6502a

I was watching the webOS event from HP thats going on right now ... and I have to agree that the webOS notifications for their new tablet is what iOS 5.0 should look at !!!

And the fact that the tablet communicates with the webOS phone (Pre 3) .. that when you are on the tablet and someone calls you one your cell phone .. you just answer from the tablet

take a look at the notification system from webOS (looks a lot like Growl)
    http://www.engadget.com/2011/02/09/live-from-hp-palms-think-beyond-webos-event/

What do you guys think ... yay or nay that Apple should follow like webOS for notifications.

2. CristobalHuet macrumors 65816

CristobalHuet

Apple should have outright Palm and made the world a better place. The power of iOS, the ingenuity of webOS together would've been too much awesome.

3. MadGoat macrumors 65816

MadGoat

Last summer, apple hired one of palm's lead notification designers. So I imagine that they are well on their way to make a much more streamlined notification system.

4. EssentialParado macrumors 65816

I'm really curious what Apple will do for notifications. I concluded something like growl would be nice, but Apple always come up with something slightly better than assumptions, so I'm interested what it'll be.