Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!
  • Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

Bulldog3777

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 2, 2009
Bought a 13 Air from BB yesterday. They gave me a disk called Webroot Secure. Any good or any reason to use or not use? I have had Macs for years and never used any internet security software.

Sital

macrumors 68000
May 31, 2012
New England
Bought a 13 Air from BB yesterday. They gave me a disk called Webroot Secure. Any good or any reason to use or not use? I have had Macs for years and never used any internet security software.

Back when I had Windows machines I used Webroot's products for awhile. I thought the software was solid and it never gave me any issues. Having said that, I don't use this or any other security suite software on my Mac. Now, if you send files back and forth with Windows users and want to help protect them, then I could see installing it (although I still wouldn't).

Comment

beachmusic

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2013
St. George Island
I use Webroot Secure Anywhere on all my mac's. Just a little extra piece of mind. Doesn't hurt and runs really light. If you don't want it send me the code private message and I will gladly use it. LOL

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.