Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bytezone

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 20, 2009
How to find out what webserivices are out their for public...??

Is their any website for this...??

I guess the weather/stock ..app are based on webservices. I am looking to develope something like this..But don't know where to start..!!

Any help is greatly apprecited..

fishkorp

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2006
Ellicott City, MD
Considering there are probably billions of web services out there, just start by looking for a service that provides the exact information you need. Do note that most free services strictly prohibit you from charging for the information. When you do find a service you'd like to use, make sure you read over the terms closely if you plan on selling the app. Many weather, traffic, etc services do not let you charge for usage unless you give a percentage to the provider.

If you tell us what kind of service you're looking for, people here might be able to offer suggestions.

bytezone

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 20, 2009
Thanks for the reply..!!!

I haven't decided on aany perticular idea, but want to decided based on checking what type of web service are available for public out there..!!Also I don't intend to sell any of these apps...!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.