Website/application concept - anyone up for it?

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by LERsince1991, Nov 2, 2009.

1. LERsince1991 macrumors 65816

Hey,

I was just on facebook and thought how much I'd love to have a desktop application which handled social networking sites properly.

Imagine if all your social networking sites were set up to a desktop application and integrated into the OS environment.

I'm thinking like it will be the next big thing.
    Think about it -
    First was email, now everyone has email applications such as Apple OS X mail or Microsoft office outlook. before this people would log into websites to email (e.g. hotmail)
    Then also most people have a collection of RSS news feeds also integrated into their OS X mail or some other reader app. + twitter

Now I'd like to see some sort of social networking integration.

Some ideas:
    Fully integrated workflow
    fast switching between networks - e.g. facebook, myspace, bebo etc...
    A much cleaner, more productive and more organised layout.
    customisable - e.g. have different tabs to organise feeds from the people you actually want to read about or view latest uploads (photo + video) from.

So, am I the only one who would like to see this app be made?

Luke.

2. SrWebDeveloper macrumors 68000

SrWebDeveloper

You mean like this? :confused:

If not, what's different in your idea than that - and it sounds like your app is for the Mac desktop, not web based. This forum is not for desktop apps. How would the web be integrated into your app, other than spawning a browser link?

3. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Sounds similar to Google Wave. It's a not a new concept by any means. It's not something I'd personally be interested in either.