Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pagemakers

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Mar 28, 2008
Manchester UK
iOS 12.2 stated

• Website sign-in now occurs automatically after filling credentials with Password AutoFill.
What is this? I can’t get it to work on any website.

x34

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2014
iOS 12.2 stated

• Website sign-in now occurs automatically after filling credentials with Password AutoFill.
What is this? I can’t get it to work on any website.

once account details are auto filled in it should auto sign-in, but i can confirm it does not.

on the mac it works though.

BBDDVV

macrumors regular
Oct 30, 2014
oh, this does work for me :)
Website mijn.4411.be, a website to pay for car parking, requires my phone number and a password (both are stored as such in my keychain). In <12.2 after clicking the suggestion to log in with this info, both were entered in the respective fields, but I still had to tap the Login button on the web page.
Now after selecting the suggestion, the number and password are entered in the respective fields and I'm logged in automatically, no need to tap the Login button anymore.

Last edited:

Pagemakers

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Mar 28, 2008
Manchester UK
Oh, didn’t realised it worked like that. I thought it was fully automated. However, That said, it still doesn’t work as you described for me on any website I’ve tried it on.

BBDDVV

macrumors regular
Oct 30, 2014
oh, this does work for me :)
Website mijn.4411.be, a website to pay for car parking, requires my phone number and a password (both are stored as such in my keychain). In <12.2 after clicking the suggestion to log in with this info, both were entered in the respective fields, but I still had to tap the Login button on the web page.
Now after selecting the suggestion, the number and password are entered in the respective fields and I'm logged in automatically, no need to tap the Login button anymore.

Edit: hmmm, once I log out manually it also doesn't automatically log in after tapping the suggestion...
Earlier today the first time after installing 12.2 and trying it it worked... Maybe (really maybe) due to the fact I was logged out on that website after a timeout since last using the site (again, not sure if that makes a difference). Am logged in now and will wait for an auto-logout to double check (not sure how long it takes to auto-logout though, I'll try again later today/tomorrow).

Irishappletech

macrumors regular
Aug 31, 2017
yes I am noticing this issue too. it works flawlessly on the Mac but not iOS, I've also pin pointed it down to something ive noticed. it will only work when the autofill login appears in blue (see the picture below and not when the autofill suggestion appears above the keyboard- see picture)

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_e81.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_e81.jpeg
    245.2 KB · Views: 175
  • fullsizeoutput_e82.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_e82.jpeg
    243.2 KB · Views: 185
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.