[WIKI] List of working Safari Autologin sites

Discussion in 'iOS 12' started by lancastor, Mar 25, 2019.

1. lancastor, Mar 25, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
  2. nathorpe macrumors newbie

nathorpe

I think it means exactly what you think it does. I've been using the beta and have tried this on multiple websites - it works on some and doesn't on others in my experience.

3. lancastor, Mar 25, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2019

lancastor thread starter macrumors 6502a

4. x34 macrumors 6502a

this thread title is not very good, please change it to something like safari autofill login!

strangely, on ios 11 with let's say enpass it did autofill and login EVERY account no matter what website it was.

now, on ios 12.2. it does not work at all. which settings are required for it to function?

5. lancastor thread starter macrumors 6502a

I‘m collecting working and non working sites in my first posting.

6. Pagemakers macrumors 68020

Pagemakers

This is kind of pointless. There are TRILLIONS of webistes. Listing a few dozen here is irrelevant

7. lancastor thread starter macrumors 6502a

I think the login button have to be a special name.

So it‘s one minute work to get a website working.

8. Irishappletech macrumors regular

Yeah ive noticed this too. But ive also noticed when I click the autofill button it will fill the details but wont log me in strongly sometimes if I keep resetting the websites it will eventually
    --- Post Merged, Apr 19, 2019 ---
    is this a bug in iOS 12.2 or just functionality or depending on which websites sign up to it

9. Tech198 macrumors G5

You have any idea how long it will take to get website to support autofill on a million or so ?

Even lastpass plugin goes nuts as soon as someone changes web code. So i except the same from here.

One would hope since this is part iOS, it would reach further, but would be surprised if every single website with login info would always be prefect, an most important "stay" that way I don't believe this can ever be 100% functional on every single website, as there are would be those who just choose not to.

10. Pagemakers macrumors 68020

Pagemakers

It probably works in .5% of all websites at the moment. Certainly for me. POINT 5%

11. Irishappletech macrumors regular

okay cool so this 'bug' is essentially just because certain websites support it and some dont is that right. I have noticed another issue when the autofill details appear above the keyboard to select and I click it it doesn't auto log me in but when it comes up with a blue box where it says "use samduffy2" and I click it it does log me in but not when the suggestion appears above the keyboard (see photos)

Attached Files:

12. Sirious macrumors 65816

Sirious

I thought something was going funny with my Mac...
    Thought it was added by Apple in an update and was so surprised when I first saw it happening.

13. Irishappletech macrumors regular

it works very well on the Mac but iOS is a mess with the new autofill login feature