Website Builder for a MAC

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by hk8899, Jan 17, 2008.

1. hk8899 macrumors newbie

I need a really Simple website buillder for my baseball club. An easy way to get a payment option and forums is good. I need real simple cause im not that advanced at computing. Any help would be good
    Thanks

2. NAG macrumors 68030

NAG

Looking at your needs no app will really fit the bill. You basically have to use one of the services that have have all this stuff prebuilt for you. Making a site with those features really can't be done with any of the easy to use consumer apps.

3. NAG macrumors 68030

NAG

iWeb can't integrate a forum and the best you can do for payment is link to a paypal account.

4. jarenado macrumors regular

jarenado

myspace, i dont have it, but I know that your baseball players have it, make a group.

5. mactekvic macrumors newbie

mactekvic

Easy interface - good control- lots of options.

Stirsite.com

I've been building there. I'm still not live yet but it has nothing to do with them, they've got good tech support even for Mac and the whole tool thing is web based anyway. Firefox & Safari handle the interface just fine. You can be hosted there or take off on your own domain and hosting elsewhere. You get a free 7 day trial to build your site and see the options. There are multiple shopping cart, page advertising, and page format options and they do answer their support tickets quickly. I wanted to customize one of their header templates and they gave me suggestions for Photoshop. They were right on.

Good luck.

6. Island Dog macrumors 6502a

Island Dog

RapidWeaver. It's not free but it's great, and offers quite a bit of plugins for all types of needs.

:)

7. Spizzo macrumors 6502

Ning is a good build yourself social network, complete with forms. We use it for a great wakeboard site/forum. :D