Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

superleccy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 31, 2004
That there big London
Hi

Can anyone reccomend a website design/maintenance package for the Mac?

It's not for a "pro", so it needs to be cheap (ideally under £100) and simple enough for a relative novice. It doesn't need to be able to create anything stunningly complex... I'm not looking for snazzy graphics or Flash animation or anything like that.

Cheers
Superleccy

Edit: And not iWeb... from what I gather that requires you to have a .mac account (which the user will not have), and is focussed on producing Blog-style sites, which is not what I'm after. Cheers.

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
superleccy said:
Edit: And not iWeb... from what I gather that requires you to have a .mac account...
Not that I'm advocating iWeb, but, FWIW, it lets you use any host - it just has built-in support for .Mac, but there's no requirement for a .Mac account.

menziep

macrumors 6502a
Jan 21, 2006
superleccy said:
Hi

Can anyone reccomend a website design/maintenance package for the Mac?

It's not for a "pro", so it needs to be cheap (ideally under £100) and simple enough for a relative novice. It doesn't need to be able to create anything stunningly complex... I'm not looking for snazzy graphics or Flash animation or anything like that.

Cheers
Superleccy

Edit: And not iWeb... from what I gather that requires you to have a .mac account (which the user will not have), and is focussed on producing Blog-style sites, which is not what I'm after. Cheers.

Try Rapidweaver by RealMac Software (*see link)

Link

http://www.realmacsoftware.com/rapidweaver/index.php

mduser63

macrumors 68040
Nov 9, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT
I've been impressed with both RapidWeaver and Sandvox.

Also, FWIW, iWeb does not require a .Mac account, although some features (AJAX slideshows) do require .Mac to work.

wmmk

macrumors 68020
Mar 28, 2006
The Library.
NVU is free and great.
on the subject of iWeb w/o .Mac, i was wondering how to password-protect my site that i built on iWeb and am having hosted by coolfreepages.com
thanks forr the help!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.