Website creating free/shareware

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Smileyguy, Aug 10, 2007.

1. Smileyguy macrumors 6502

I remember seeing a glowing review of a simple interface-based website creating freeware or shareware program in a mac magazine a few months ago, I think perhaps MacUser (UK) or MacWorld. The reviewer was very impressed by how such a cheap (or even free, I can't recall) piece of software could allow users to build great looking websites easily, and it wasn't just by using nice templates either.

Could anyone hazard a guess as to what this program might be? Are there any obviously superior web page creating freeware/shareware programs out there?

Thanks,

SG.

2. Smileyguy thread starter macrumors 6502

3. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Was it a WYSIWYG style program (i.e. use your mouse to develop the site, rather than typing HTML)? Perhaps Nvu? Dreamweaver is another one, but not free and you'd likely remember that one. SeaMonkey also has a WYSIWYG interface, and is "partly" what Nvu came from. Can't think of any other ones off hand. Happen to remember what the logo for the app looked like?

4. Smileyguy thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah it was WYSIWG, for sure. I honestly have no recollection at all as to what it was called or what the logo looked like unfortunately. It may while have been either of the ones you suggested, it definitely wasn't Dreamweaver.

Thanks.

5. ProFont macrumors member

6. Wild-Bill macrumors 68030

Wild-Bill

7. ProFont macrumors member

8. Nicolasdec macrumors 65816

Nicolasdec