Website Critique: Simple Teaser Site

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by joecommisso, Jun 27, 2010.

1. joecommisso macrumors newbie

joecommisso

Here's a simple site I threw up for one of my artists.

http://www.betterxmade.com

Just wondering what you all think once again. Honest feed back please! I promise you won't hurt my feelings, I learn from it!

Thank you!

2. 7031 macrumors 6502

What I would change:
    I don't think that there's enough distinction between the content areas and the background. That is, make the colour of the background different from that of the main content area. Also, when it goes to white lower down the page, make the content area stand out from the background, as I said before.

Also, try using less saturated colours, since I don't think there's enough contrast with the red areas and the logo, for example. In fact, I would even suggest that you remove the red background around the content areas near the top, and then replace the background colour on the rest with something that doesn't stand out as much so it does not draw as much attention.

Also, add a header graphic just to make it clear to the viewer what exactly the site is about, since it's not immediately obvious before scrolling down, and people generally will have a short attention span if they're not sure what exactly it is that the site is about.

If possible, avoid using images in the place of text.

Thanks,
    Joel Nichols.