Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Yankees 4 Life

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2007
College Station, Tx
I came across this website and noticed that on the iPhone all its pages just come up blank, but on a computer the site comes up fine. Anyone have any ideals why?

http://www.nvpropertymtg.com/

Hey man, i had this exact same problem. It's because of the fact that some websites don't allow EDGE connections to access their website. If you connect over wi-fi however, your website should show up.

Noumenon

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2007
Shouldn't matter whether EDGE or WiFi, the site doesn't know your connection type,.. so that site will not load whether WiFi or EDGE on the iPhone. It's probably that the site uses flash or java and safari just blocks the content rather than crash.

Apple is working to get these components into Safari, I beleive.

coolbreeze

macrumors 68000
Jan 20, 2003
UT
Hey man, i had this exact same problem. It's because of the fact that some websites don't allow EDGE connections to access their website. If you connect over wi-fi however, your website should show up.

Doesn't work on wifi. Must see the version of Safari is mobile, thus not allowing the page to be displayed.

Noumenon

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2007
Umm, no it wouldn't, your windows mobile device emulates that page as WAP, while iPhone Safari does not,.. .. Safari does not support java (only script) nor flash, so will not display the page.

freeskier989

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 17, 2007
Now to throw you for another loop...

So looking at the site there doesnt appear to be any Java or Flash used....and here is another weird thing about this site: if you have the Scrapbook Firefox plugin installed, when you try to capture any pages, it will say it captured it but does not show up, nor capture files (when you search the folders, you see it captures some of the jpegs, but not the css, html files). Very strange indeed, but there is something really funky about this site, as i have never came across a site i couldnt capture with Scrapbook.

Mitch2003

macrumors newbie
Apr 15, 2005
Bank of America

Does anyone access their Bank of America accounts on their iPhone? I get redirected to their 'mobile' website which has a very limited feature set, when I know the phone should be capable of displaying the regular webpage.

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007
Does anyone access their Bank of America accounts on their iPhone? I get redirected to their 'mobile' website which has a very limited feature set, when I know the phone should be capable of displaying the regular webpage.

Try using this link:

http://www.bankofamerica.com/state.cgi?section=gslsignin&update=yes&cookiecheck=yes

It will ask you for which state you account is based out of. Once you make that selection, bookmark the link that follows, and you should be okay.

Unfortuantely, Bank of America's website determines whether you get the mobile banking site by IP address, not by browser type. If the IP address maps to a wireless carrier, BofA automatically assumes you're on a mobile device incapable of full HTML, and gives you the WAP page.

I found this out when I tethered my MBP to a Samsung Blackjack and got the mobile banking site while in Firefox. It was quite amusing. :)

The above link seems to bypass the IP address check, and works for me.

sirnick4

macrumors newbie
May 17, 2007

Same here. I was very disappointed when I came across that.

diamond.g

macrumors G4
Mar 20, 2007
OBX
Oh man that is a poorly made site. There are a bunch of files on the site that are like:
Code:
</script>
<link href="file:///C|/Documents%20and%20Settings/athyr.DICKSONREALTY/My%20Documents/Palm%20Design%20Studio/formstitle.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">

which obviously wont work on any computer, let alone a Mac. It would make perfect sense that the page doesn't even work right with iPhone. I am actually quite surprised it works with other browsers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.