Website feedback

Hankster

macrumors 68020
Jan 30, 2008
Washington DC
1. Overall site design is too large. The title is 1/4 of the page on my MacBook, this is wasted space.

2. There is no real content. Each post has one or two sentences, all of which can be replicated by a Google search.

3. The color...well there isn't any. This isn't to say all sites need color, but the color scheme is very bland.

4. Get away from the blog style one column of content. It's very generic. There are dozens of good themes with two and three columns.

5. Again, your header should not be the main focus on your site. Get rid of all that space and focus on CONTENT.

6. One more thing. Do not have ads. Unless you're pulling in 5k unique visitors a week you don't need ads. It only drives away readers.

GL

ben123456

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 22, 2012
1. Overall site design is too large. The title is 1/4 of the page on my MacBook, this is wasted space.

2. There is no real content. Each post has one or two sentences, all of which can be replicated by a Google search.

3. The color...well there isn't any. This isn't to say all sites need color, but the color scheme is very bland.

4. Get away from the blog style one column of content. It's very generic. There are dozens of good themes with two and three columns.

5. Again, your header should not be the main focus on your site. Get rid of all that space and focus on CONTENT.

6. One more thing. Do not have ads. Unless you're pulling in 5k unique visitors a week you don't need ads. It only drives away readers.

GL
ok thanks!

ben123456

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 22, 2012
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I added a banner to the top what do you guys think?
http://diehardcubs.squarespace.com/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.