website feedback

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by whitelotus, Feb 14, 2010.

1. whitelotus macrumors newbie

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

It looks good. It's simple and easy to navigate through.

3. joecommisso macrumors newbie

joecommisso

It's a nice site if your looking for just a simple & to the point place of information. However it's feels like too much font and not enough design. If it were me I would try pull everything together to be a little bit more visually appealing.

4. KeriJane macrumors 6502a

KeriJane

It looks nice to me too.

You might want to consider these things:

1- add a "Contact Us" page and menu choice. Yes, I see that you have the address right there on the home page but people generally expect a page devoted to contact info. An email link might be a good idea too unless your client doesn't have a computer or wish to answer emails. It's OK to have contact info on both the home page and contact page but the home page is usually more devoted to describing your business with less emphasis on contact.

2- since the pages are tall enough to scroll through, repeat the menu at the bottom of the page. Plain links are fine at the bottom even if fancy menu buttons are at the top of the page.

3- try using "©2008-2010" instead of "Copyright 2008-2010" in the footer if you haven't already. This is just a matter of preference for the client.

Looks nice,

Have fun with it,
    Keri

5. ezekielrage_99 macrumors 68040

ezekielrage_99

Looks good, although I would limit font choice to no more than 2 fonts and I would "pull back" the weight of the text in Services (maybe greying it out would make it easier to read).

6. splitpea macrumors 6502a

I think it's clean and crisp, which is nice, but all-centered designs (esp. the site index) tend to feel amateurish to me.

Also, watch your line breaks. The break in the first line of the quote is really unappealing visually, and the centered layout makes the short half-line between the two long lines look worse.

7. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

Dont use an image as your header the way you have it. And I wouldnt make the header area so freaking tall! Half the page is taken up by something I cant click, select or use.

The apple/wet floor thing, is useless and trite.

The color scheme is simple, black and white. So dont complicate it with fancy Web 2.0 crap unless you feel theres a benefit to it besides eye candy.

I dont like following the "above the fold" mentality of the web, because people DO scroll, but your page has no real info until I scroll down...I dont even know what this site is for!

Your menu sections has multiple images to create these fake borders around your photos...dont do that. Either use the photos with some CSS styling, or have the border be part of the actual image.

It doesnt read like a menu, its a long list. Think about layout like a real menu in front of you, and not a list like a text file.

The fonts are a good choice, but they are way to large. There is no reason you should be using such large fonts all over the place...especially just for callout quotes.

And after looking at your code, I dont know where or why you have all your DIVs positioned like that...so much inline code.

8. whitelotus thread starter macrumors newbie

Whew!!! I'm not a coder!! I'm a massage therapist..

GREAT feedback and THANKS!! I'm on it. I LOVE it when people don't hold back!! Keep it coming. :) I have NO IDEA what CSS is or DIV... Nor an apple/wet floor thing. Please advise. Hopefully I can publish an updated version soon with your wonderful ideas implemented. Thanks again guys. Now, gotta go do a massage... :)

9. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

How did you make this site if you have no idea what CSS, let alone a DIV, is...

:confused:

10. whitelotus thread starter macrumors newbie

Lucky I guess

Lucky, I guess. Got any recommendations for CSS edit? I've googled and found a few, but have no idea. Oh, and I know the font I chose is hard to read... just don't have time to change it right now. Thanks, and keep it coming. Take a look at the updated version (ignore font choice... will change)
    Thanks again!!

11. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

If you want to learn and code properly, start over from scratch and recreate your site.

And dont use copy/paste at all when you do it.

This is not the place to ask basic html/css questions if you havent even cracked a single line of code yet!

12. whitelotus thread starter macrumors newbie

iweb design

Thank you for setting me straight, Sdashiki, You're a peach!!

13. Renese-Williams macrumors member

Renese-Williams

The site, I'm sorry to say, is quite horrible. The flower "reflection" was done incredibly wrong, and some images are overlapping the text in the "Menu of Services." The black and white color scheme is boring, and there is a lot of blank space under the testimonials section. Not to mention, the favicon is one belonging to apple.

14. nelsencaleb macrumors regular

Theropy

This seems like its a body theory business thing. Like a spa. The site doesn't give me a relaxed feeling. Not even the name. It's a weird name imo.