Website hosting

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by npolly0212, Apr 18, 2017.

1. npolly0212 macrumors 65816

I have a friend who is starting up a company and just wants a quick little website thrown together for now that one be too big or have much on it to start with.

I was wondering who the best company to go through for the web hosting would be that isn't all that highly priced? Have read stuff about go daddy being horrible and such.

2. 960design macrumors 68020

Contact a local developer. They can usually throw together a templated package for a very reasonable fee.

Best is such a difficult word for us to answer. As everyone has different needs and priorities. The best would be a local developer because they could create a custom package that allows you to pay only for what you need, otherwise a google search for the best web hosting 2017 will identify more of the cookie cutter hosting companies that offer a low intro rate and good to excellent customer service.

Screen Shot 2017-04-18 at 2.13.55 PM.png

3. npolly0212 thread starter macrumors 65816

Thank you. I understand what you are saying, it is literally just being used to promote the company, really nothing going to be done other then the site showing what the company does and prices and such. It will be pretty basic since I can make it myself. Just wasn't sure what would be the best to tell him to go with so I can make it for him! lol

4. zzLZHzz macrumors 6502

Check out digitalocean, their plan start at an affordable $5/month.

My website is hosted on it. So far it is good.

5. ocabj macrumors 6502a

ocabj

I use both Linode and DigitalOcean, but for some reason, I prefer Linode for long term production use (less expensive with you start looking for more RAM than the lowest plan). Their ATL datacenter issues aside, I have had great results with Linode.