Website keeps popping up randomly

Discussion in 'OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)' started by redhawk87, Nov 11, 2012.

1. redhawk87 macrumors regular

When I am using Safari 6.0.2 on Mac OS Mountain Lion, I will every once and a while get this window to pop up in a separate tab. Its always the same website and I do not know how to make it stop. Is it a router issue? I assume its not a virus. This is the website:

http://cdn.optmd.com/V2/85902/22992...=&r=www.merriam-webster.com/medical/anorganic

I dont think its just a popup from a website because its the same website and pops up when using different websites. It pop up only like once a day or so. I once had a problem with seeing the same ads on websites and ended up being that my girlfriends router was infected or something and reseting the router fixed it. Could this be something similar?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It's just a pop-up ad. It's not malware, although the app being advertised is frequently considered by many to be malware. The developer is well known for pervasive and intrusive ads all over the web, trying to sucker the less computer literate into installing that useless app. The ads are annoying as hell, but they're not malware.