Website Layout and Content

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by JavaWizKid, Mar 27, 2009.

1. JavaWizKid macrumors 6502a

Got my website buzzing and the forum is especially active now, just achieved over 100 posts, new members welcome! What do you think of the layout overall and the content. I've done my best to pad it out. Anything else?

2. johnathan.macle macrumors member

johnathan.macle

Overall it looks OK but a few suggestions if I may.

Green on blue (your logo) tends to be a design no no, I would try and go for something a little less in your face like white on blue.

As for the background its a little 1990's for me but I suggest goggling for a darker blue background.

The forum looks good aswell, standard template but looks ok, fits in with the blue theme. As for the icon again, it looks as though you have magic wanded the background out and it has left a rough edge, might want to see to that.

If you would like me to design a few logos, i would be more than happy to, always need a few examples for my portfolio :)

3. vivithemage macrumors 6502a

vivithemage

get rid of the ads up top...imo, you do not have enough traffic to really mandate that sort of thing yet...keep it clean for now....change the background as well, seems a little out of place.

4. JavaWizKid thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the feedback, MacRumors didn't notify me by email for the first post so sorry if this is a bit late. A lot of people have been commenting on the background. I don't see what's wrong with it but as the customer is always right how shall I make it better, just by making it darker? I know the forum logo looks horrible, I'm trying to fix that.