Website or App that Analyzes Steps Data?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by kilcher, Oct 4, 2016.

1. kilcher macrumors 65816

kilcher

Not sure where to put this. Basically what I'm looking for is a website or app that gives you a deeper look at your steps data. For instance, if I wanted to know how many steps I average on a Monday, Tuesday, etc. Or if I want to see my top 10 days ever, or my top 10 weeks ever, or my top 10 months ever. Or if I want to see my average steps over the last 30 days.

Is there anything like that out there? Seems like there should be. I use the Stepz app for my Watch now and it'll show me bar graphs for how many steps I've taken in a day, week, month, and year but I'm looking for something more without having to try and keep track of it manually.

2. exxxviii macrumors 65816

exxxviii

When you start getting into average of all Mondays/Tuesdays/Wednesdays, etc., those are some deeper analytics that may not exist. However, a lot of what you are looking for is what the Fitbit, Garmin, Jawbone, etc. activity tracker web sites do. I am hoping that Apple steps up and builds a web portal for some of these deeper visualizations and analysis options that simply are not feasible in a small phone UI. I have both Garmin and FB, and they do all kinds of visualizations and custom reports to see your activity patterns over time and find peaks and slumps.

3. kilcher thread starter macrumors 65816

kilcher

Yeah, it's really a bummer all I get from Apple is a weekly summary sent to my Watch, not even a nice email. I'd bet just about everything I own that Apple themselves have some pretty nice tools for analyzing our data! :p I do have my iPhone linked to a Fitbit account but I'm pretty sure it only counts steps from my phone and not my Watch (which would be more accurate). Plus I think it only pulled in data from the 7 days prior to opening my account.

Thanks for the input. Figured it was a long shot but thought I'd ask!

4. Julien macrumors G4

Julien

You could setup a Number's spreadsheet and enter in the daily total each day. This would allow you to analyze your data any way you want to.

5. kilcher thread starter macrumors 65816

kilcher

I hate spreadsheets but my wife loves them. I'm sure she'd be thrilled if I asked for her help, no kidding. I may have to do that.