Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Website redirecting...help

loav8r

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 14, 2013
Florida
I'm having issues with the local African government redirecting Facebook to their president's campaign website. I cannot seem to get around it or access Facebook. I use Google Chrome but I've also tried Firefox and Safari, still, no joy. I tried using a proxy changer but that only tells Facebook, "Hey, your account is now locked because this ain't you."
Any ideas on how to beat a dictator's government in redirecting?

Thanks in advance.

loav8r

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 14, 2013
Florida
I tried your suggestion but it didn't work. With the government's block/redirect on Facebook, it has even hindered the iPhone 5. Maybe a new trick?

Thanks.

Comment

mpkayeuk

macrumors member
Feb 3, 2010
The only way you're gonna get around this is to connect to the Internet via an out of country VPN. Try Tor.

Comment

loav8r

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 14, 2013
Florida
I'll unfreeze my account tomorrow at work (different Internet provider via satellite). Once I get my account back, I'll try using tor at the housing accommodations to gain access...hopefully. I hope after the elections that the president will drop this silly redirect. Honestly it's as silly as having elections for a dictator. :D

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.