Website Redirection?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by TonyBaloney, Sep 18, 2011.

1. TonyBaloney macrumors regular

is there a way to have a website redirect to another website with a linksys router? thanks

2. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

I think you can redirect ALL traffic, but I'm not aware of a way to do it with one particular website. I've had a Linksys router for years and I don't remember ever seeing this setting.

3. TonyBaloney thread starter macrumors regular

4. killerrobot macrumors 68020

killerrobot

I believe you'd have change your DNS hosts to a provider such as OpenDNS, create an account, login and setup a redirection using their system. I'm no networking expert but I believe those are the basic steps.

If it's just to block a website there are way easier ways to do so, but you'd have to provide a clearer idea of what it is that you actually want to do.

5. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

301 redirects are very easy to setup if you have access to the location the site is served from. If not, I'd be interested in why you want to redirect other people's websites to somewhere else. Doesn't sound like this would be used for legitimate purposes.

6. TonyBaloney thread starter macrumors regular

to be honest, its really more for practical joke type reasons :D and I was wondering if there were any simple solutions. if not, no biggie