Website that predicts when to buy macbook?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Sweener88, Apr 8, 2009.

1. Sweener88 macrumors 6502

Sweener88

Hey!
    Im thinking of buying a new macbook this coming august and im wondering if thats a good time to buy? i remember there was a website that said when to buy and when to hold off but i cant find it!

Thanks for the help everyone!

2. James L macrumors 6502a

Stop reading this reply, and look up... waaay up... to the menu option that says "buyer's guide".

:D

3. jcure macrumors newbie

Uh....this one. Check out the buyer's guide above :D

4. Sweener88 thread starter macrumors 6502

Sweener88

LMAO i swear im not that stupid lol! i DID check the buyers guide but no this was a different site and it had a widget you could download which is why i want to find it lol :p

5. Sweener88 thread starter macrumors 6502

Sweener88

FOUND IT!!!! http://mactactic.com/
    thanks for the help guys!!! i think this website (macrumors) has a bette rbuys guide but i was looking for widget lol!

Thanks again!

6. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

As for the other part of your question, August is typically a good time to buy since Apple often offers either back-to-school discounts or package deals (free iPod or printer with a Mac purchase, for example) around that time of year.

7. jcure macrumors newbie

The free printer with purchase of a Mac deal (up to $100) is going on now. I'm pretty sure it's year round, even though the deal going on now says through April 20th. The details are up on the Apple Store below the details of each of the computers.

When I got my new MBP last October, there was also a free printer offer and the rebate check was sent surprisingly quick, about a week!