website wont work at home on my macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by weissarthur, Apr 23, 2011.

1. weissarthur macrumors newbie

I'm having trouble from my home network with one website... just one!

www.weightwatchers.com will not load properly at home... it times out... consistently.

I took my macbook to the apple store, and the website worked without fail, but when I got home... fail. Just to verify this, I've taken my computer to several public networks and the site works fine as well. My work computer and my wife's work computer also consistently run the site without problem.

This problem has been going on for weeks, so i would be hard pressed to say that this is the host website's issue.

So perhaps it is my network at home. BTW, weightwatchers.com is the only site that does not run properly on my computer. Every other website i visit on my home network works fine.

I had thought that perhaps my wireless router (linksys wt160n) was having some type of issue and thought of replacing it with Airport extreem, but when I plug directly into the cable modem i get the same problem so I'm concerned that this wont fix the problem... only cause me to throw more $$ at the problem.

I've discussed the problem with my internet provider (charter communications), but everything looks fine from their end. I've considered increasing my internet connection speed from 16 megs to something higher, but I'm skeptical that this will really solve anything. I previously ran at 3 megs, and when the charter tech upgraded my connection speed to 16 megs... the website worked fine at home for a little while, then suddenly stopped.

I considered that this may just be a mac issue, but when i pulled out my windows xp machine, it had the same problems.

All of my software is updated on the mac, I'm running os x 10.6.7 on an intel macbook pro. Concerned that my modem was too old, I replaced it with a motorola surfboard modem, but still no luck.

I could really use some good advice about what to try next. .

I'm exhausted.

Should I upgrade my connection speed?
    Should I buy an Airport extreem to replace my linksys?
    Should I contact weightwatchers tech support?

Does anyone have any idea about how I can fix this problem?

Thank you, in advance, for your suggestions.

2. G-Mo macrumors 6502

G-Mo

Try power cycling your modem.

What browser are you using? Try another browser?