Websites not working on os x 10.8 Mountain lion

Discussion in 'macOS' started by rchap, Mar 1, 2013.

1. rchap macrumors newbie

Hi,

A while back I had upgraded to 10.8 from 10.7, and many websites don't load on my laptop. On safari and firefox, when I try to open a site up like youtube, all I see is a blank screen. But on chrome it has an error message.I have never had this error with 10.7. Any help would be appreciated

PS
    I don't know much about computer/mac stuff, i.e. how work keychain access, so I would appreciate it if you could give step by step instructions. Thanks.

2. MacForScience macrumors 6502

MacForScience

3. rchap thread starter macrumors newbie

Error 324 (net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE): The server closed the connection without sending any data.

4. MacForScience macrumors 6502

MacForScience

Can you ping a known website like Google?

In the Terminal type:
    ping -c 3 www.google.com
    Press Return

You should get:
    3 packets transmitted, 3 packets received, 0.0% packet loss
    If you don't, then the issue may also have to do with not being online.

When was the last time you cleared your browser cookies and caches?

Cheers

5. rchap thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah i got ping: "invalid count of packets to transmit: `3www.google.com'"
    i just cleared the cache and cookies recently, afterwards part of one of the sites that i couldn't access before works, but other parts of it wouldn't load.

The funny thing is that I tried to access one of the sites on the administrators account and from what it seemed, the home page of the site I was trying to access worked just fine. But then as I go back to my guest user account, all I get is a blank screen.

----------

actually right after I posted the last reply, I entered ping -c3 google.com into terminal, and the 3 packets transmitted, 3 packets received, 0.0% packet loss showed up