Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dontworry

Suspended
Mar 18, 2010
This is happening to me too. I can't go to the full Engadget.com page. It automatically directs me to the mobile page. Another page I use a lot is telling me to enable cookies but, I've tried every possible cookie setting and nothing changes.

Adisah

macrumors regular
May 29, 2008
This is happening to me too. I can't go to the full Engadget.com page. It automatically directs me to the mobile page. Another page I use a lot is telling me to enable cookies but, I've tried every possible cookie setting and nothing changes.

Use the engadget app?

JD914

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2007
Dutchess County NY
Another shortcoming on Mobile Safari, it would be nice if it had a "destop setting" like other mobile operating systems. Oh yeah! Fanboys will say "we don't need or want that!" :rolleyes:

ajnicho

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2008
Another shortcoming on Mobile Safari, it would be nice if it had a "destop setting" like other mobile operating systems. Oh yeah! Fanboys will say "we don't need or want that!" :rolleyes:

Perfect Browser does the job perfectly. I only wish they would add a download option to download vids.

Bloake

macrumors 6502
Dec 2, 2008
OPERA mobile browser let's you trick the website into thinking you're not an iPhone (if that makes sense to you) so you get full websites.

draz

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2010
OPERA mobile browser let's you trick the website into thinking you're not an iPhone (if that makes sense to you) so you get full websites.

This is a nice feature in Opera, but only if it rendered sites properly :(

kolax

macrumors G3
Mar 20, 2007
Most mobile views of sites have links at the bottom for "view the full website".

Facebook, Engadget, TUAW to name a few.

At the bottom, there's a link for "full Engadget" and it'll always use that from then on.

dontworry

Suspended
Mar 18, 2010
Most mobile views of sites have links at the bottom for "view the full website".

Facebook, Engadget, TUAW to name a few.

At the bottom, there's a link for "full Engadget" and it'll always use that from then on.

I click on that. It just reloads the i.engadget.com page. I've tried everything except restoring the phone

Edit: everything is working now. I don't know what it was. Didn't do anything different just started working.

rmastbro

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2009
I wish cnet would fix their site..

Even if I click "Full View CNET site" it still goes the iphone.cnet.com :mad:

insidmal

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2010
Eugene
it's because the phone so heavily caches webpages, when i view my blog on it a lot of times updates won't even display until i clear cache, but my button to view the normal version works

Moi un Mouton

macrumors 68000
Mar 18, 2008
Bracknell UK
There's also "CloudBrowse" which is useful for this.

It loads the pages on a cloud-based server in Firefox, and sends the resulting Firefox page to your phone. So when nothing else works, that will. It also lets you view and use Flash-based pages properly on the iPhone.

I don't use it all the time, my default browser is Perfect Browser, but in one-off situations like this it's very useful.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.