Websites that lists old games (OS 7)?

Discussion in 'Apple Collectors' started by mgmktx, Apr 30, 2007.

1. mgmktx macrumors member

I'm looking for a specific game that was fun when I had my old mac. It was kind of like a 2D Zelda style game where you get weapons and walk around dungeons and towns. I never had the full game only the demo. So if there was a website that listed old Mac games (with pictures) that would be great. I don't need to download the game off the site, I just want to remember the name

2. snakesqzns macrumors regular

snakesqzns

3. dpaanlka macrumors 601

dpaanlka

Well, for the umpteenth time, "abandonware" is just a word invented by people who want to pirate old software and make it sound legit.

If you want an actual huge list of games for Mac (pretty much every Mac game ever) go to http://www.gamedb.com

4. spork183 macrumors 6502a

spork183

Was it Dark Castle?

5. mgmktx thread starter macrumors member

No.

I don't think I will ever be able to find the game I'm looking for. It was a very obscure game that I think I got through the AOL games section back in the day

6. Bobdude161 macrumors 65816

Bobdude161

Awww man! AOL Games was the ****!!! That was back when AOL was leet. I found soo many good games from that. The day they took that feature off is the day I started loathing AOL.

7. mgmktx thread starter macrumors member

Yeah :(
    If you know of a site that has some old games that you could get from AOL back then that would be great

8. shu82 macrumors 6502a

shu82

Oh man that brings me back. I had AOL on my quadra 650. Running system7, 100mhz processor upgrade, 14.4 modem. I set it up so it would play "Kyle's mom's a bitch" during bootup. Does anyone remember the old AOL chat rooms? The pics rooms? You would send one pic to the guy running it to get on the "list" and he would distribute all the pics he was mailed to everyone on the list.

I can't wait to tell my kids what it was like downloading on a 14.4 modem. I had a 9600 before that. Getting a picture was like watching a dot matrix printer print on your screen.

Ah good memories, thank you for reminding me of when AOL rocked!

9. mgmktx thread starter macrumors member

Yeah, the AOL games section was awesome back in the day. I stopped using AOL when they got rid of it or it became terrible (forgot which)

10. DrivenNails macrumors newbie

Looking for a game too

It was for my apple LC II on os 7 it was like an exploring game where you did little puzzles in a different rooms and things. it was a 3d game but it wasnt a third person thing, it was very basic black and white.

11. vagasso macrumors newbie

I spent hours looking for what I believe is the same game, was it Castle of the Winds?

12. kbfr08 macrumors 6502

kbfr08

I found a great KDX server full of OS 7 apps & games. I even got the OS 7 source code from there. I think it's closed now :(

68kmla members might be able to give it to you, if the search here is in vain

13. DrivenNails macrumors newbie

No, it was more graphically rich than that. And it was deff os 7 because it was on an lc II...

14. snapclick macrumors newbie

was it Taskmaker by any chance?

15. DrivenNails macrumors newbie

No, unfortunately not, It was in caves and houses and forests and it was first person. I looked up taskmaster and that wasnt it… Damn I wish I knew what this was...

16. spectre51 macrumors 6502

spectre51

Wow that site had Quake II on the top 20 worst games list from their site ratings. I lost so many hours to that game. Q2 was the best quake for me.

17. young24601 macrumors newbie

18. Plymouthbreezer macrumors 601

Plymouthbreezer

I'm still searching for a copy of Specter Challenge[r?]... :mad:

19. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

20. Piecesofquiet macrumors newbie

Hey I know this thread is super old, but I found it during a search for an old game I was looking or which I think may be the same one you were looking for. Is the game you're looking for called Exile? There are 3 of them.

21. mgmktx thread starter macrumors member

Wow, I think this is it. The graphics look a little different from what I remember but I believe this is the game, thanks!

I don't even remember making this thread