Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blueshogun96

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 24, 2012
I recently started writing a blog/rss reader app for my blog, and so far, it works without any major issues except that the web page content will not resize to fit the screen on my iPhone. Not sure why this won't work. Also related, when I switch to landscape mode, there's a small white space between the top of the app and the web view.

What I've tried:
- Sizing the added web view in story builder to fill the storyboard.
- Clicked the "Scale Pages to Fit" checkbox.

Couldn't find or think of anything else to try.

My code is almost entirely based off of this tutorial: http://www.touch-code-magazine.com/tutorial-building-advanced-rss-reader-with-ios6/2/

I'm still rather new to writing non-gaming/OpenGL ES oriented apps for iOS, so I don't know why this isn't working. Any ideas? Thanks.

Shogun.

Ubuntu

macrumors 68020
Jul 3, 2005
UK/US
I recently started writing a blog/rss reader app for my blog, and so far, it works without any major issues except that the web page content will not resize to fit the screen on my iPhone. Not sure why this won't work. Also related, when I switch to landscape mode, there's a small white space between the top of the app and the web view.

What I've tried:
- Sizing the added web view in story builder to fill the storyboard.
- Clicked the "Scale Pages to Fit" checkbox.

Couldn't find or think of anything else to try.

My code is almost entirely based off of this tutorial: http://www.touch-code-magazine.com/tutorial-building-advanced-rss-reader-with-ios6/2/

I'm still rather new to writing non-gaming/OpenGL ES oriented apps for iOS, so I don't know why this isn't working. Any ideas? Thanks.

Shogun.

In the Storyboard when you select the web view is the Scales Page To Fit checkbox checked?

Ubuntu

macrumors 68020
Jul 3, 2005
UK/US
As I stated in the OP, yes, it is checked.

Shogun.

Oops, did not see that. I noticed there's a sample project available that you might want to compare your work with.

More specifically, make sure your web view has the same settings as shown in this screenshot I've uploaded as the sample project appears to work OK.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-01-01 at 13.37.32.png
    Screen Shot 2015-01-01 at 13.37.32.png
    159.4 KB · Views: 234
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.