WeChat App in China Described as Apple's 'Toughest Rival' as iPhone 8 Launch Nears

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jul 31, 2017.

1. MrX8503 macrumors 68000

That's insignificant compared to Google's revenue stream.

2. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

Or their own hardware revenue stream.

Doesn't matter. The point is it all shows that Apple does not put our privacy above revenue.

In fact, your comment makes it even worse; that they would sell out for comparatively little.

3. MrX8503 macrumors 68000

They care more about privacy than Google. No company is a perfect angel, but I sleep better at night that 99% of my hardware and services is with Apple over Google.

Google has done a fantastic job marketing their company as trustworthy, but I know deep down, they can't be trusted. They're the wolf in sheep's skin.

4. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

You’re creating a false dichotomy. Much of their revenue is based upon protecting user privacy much more than others. Their business is predicated upon it, much like how Google’s business is predicated upon data mining anywhere and everywhere possible, as they’re an advertising agency masquerading as a tech outfit.

5. nia820 macrumors 68000

nia820

Apple should have made imessage multiplatform years ago. Now they've missed that opportunity. WhatsApp and Wechat have taken over.

6. LovingTeddy macrumors 6502a

LovingTeddy

You need some short of government approval and regulations for companies launching payment system. To me everyone who is processing payment and money transfer should consider as financial services entity and need be regulated by financial regulations. Otherwise criminals can use laundering money easily.

7. johnsonkoh10 macrumors newbie

johnsonkoh10

cannot agree more. I'm in the business of helping companies build their businesses on wechat through www.theasianir.com, and payment gateway is a requirement by these companies even though I know some are not really selling what they claim to be selling. therefore my company is a registered with the local monetary system here to report those who aren't.

8. ~Wonton~ macrumors newbie

WeChat is a really good app, and it's not their problem that apple's income is lowering.