Wedding planning for a Mac geek!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by steviem, Mar 10, 2011.

1. steviem macrumors 68020

steviem

So I am getting married to my American fiancée on June 4th. Because of the nature of everything (I'm a UK Citizen, she's a US citizen and we're in an LDR), we haven't really been able to plan much.

Anyway, I went for the US Embassy's medical last Monday and will be getting the interview date shortly after that. When I visited NY in February, I met with the founder of a local IT support company (who I had emailed and had a phone interview with in late 2010) who basically said as soon as I am out there with work authorization, he wants me to work for him.

So we plucked June 4th out of the air because it isn't too far away and because my fiancée's grandmother is an Elder at their local church, we kind of had free choice of a date. Because of the whole immigration process, and the need to be married in order to get Employment Authorization in the US, the wedding is going to be kind of low key and low budget. We're looking to then have a bigger party in August to celebrate our birthdays and say thank you to our friends and family in the US.

The reason I am putting this on here? I know that Mac users have a keen eye for style, and I need some help thinking of what to wear, and also some input of the colour scheme.

Should I hire a Tux or buy a suit? Two problems are that I am currently dieting and working out to get my portly shape slimmer, and that I won't be in the US again until May 28th at the earliest, so fitting may be impossible, although I could buy a suit here and my grandmother could make any alterations to make it more tailored.
    What colours would look good for us? Dawn will be in White (of course). I was thinking maybe baby blue, mainly because I like the colour and partly because she met me on Skype 3 years ago...

A couple of pictures of us..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks!

2. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

congrats on your upcoming wedding ... how about Black Turtleneck and Jeans? :cool:

3. steviem thread starter macrumors 68020

steviem

I got some new running shoes last week, New Balances to start it off, but then he goes and changes his shoes!

4. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. Can't get any geekier than that. I hope you and the Mrs. have a long and happy life together.:D

5. Grolubao macrumors 65816

Grolubao

Hey! You look great together, congratz!

I wouldn't wear a Tux, I still don't like to see them in young people, so I would vote for a dark blue suit with a classy tie.

6. elizabethjane macrumors member

elizabethjane

Congrats. :) Definitely get a tux. Nothing sexier than a man in a tux. mhmm.

7. mscriv macrumors 601

mscriv

Congrats that's awesome. If she's going to wear a white wedding dress then I would definitely say get a tux or a nice suit. Now if you guys want to do a more casual thing then just go with the flow.

8. r1ch4rd macrumors 6502a

r1ch4rd

Congratulations!

If I were getting married I would avoid a tuxedo and pastel shades. Go for a nice dark shade and then liven up the colour with your tie etc. Perhaps something like this.

[​IMG]

I would rent rather than buying.

9. Antares macrumors 68000

Antares

Maybe you can arrange to get married at an Apple Store. You would likely have to pay the preacher from that church a travel fee. However, it would totally be worth it to get married at an Apple store. That's the ultimate Apple fan thing to do! Something to consider, anyway..... :apple:

10. ender land macrumors 6502a

Good luck convincing the other half on that ;)