Weeds season 3

Discussion in 'iPod' started by dextertangocci, Sep 3, 2007.

1. dextertangocci macrumors 68000

Hi everyone

Can anyone confirm that Weeds season 3 is showing at the moment in the USA?

It's not on iTunes and I really want to see it... Any idea when it will be there?

I know I can get it from um, elsewhere, but I would prefer to buy it. In case it's not going to be on iTunes anytime soon, I saw episodes 1-4 on a certain site, but it said "pre-air episodes." What does that mean?

2. Shorties macrumors 6502a

Yes its airing currently on showtime (Episode 4 tonight). Showtime is a premium channel so they don't put their shows on iTunes until they are released on DVD. So don't expect them until the beginning of summer next year.

3. PygmySurfer macrumors 6502

Instead of bring recorded when broadcast by the network (say when Showtime shows Weeds at its regular timeslot), pre-airs are recorded BEFORE they've aired on TV. I don't know exactly how it works, I know in the past, stations would sometimes send the shows to the affiliates via satellite, so they could air them - I think this would be more likely for syndicated shows.

I've downloaded those pre-air episodes of Weeds, and for the most part, they were the same as what would be shown on a regular broadcast. One of them, however, didn't have end credits - it simply had a graphic that said "End Credits" and the music played.

If you want to support the show, download them now, and then purchase them when they come out on DVD/iTunes/whatever.

4. dextertangocci thread starter macrumors 68000

Thanks, so the actual show is the same? Just the end credits and/or beginning could be different?

I'm definitely buying it from iTunes when it comes out, I don't want to steal the best show on earth:)

5. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

Brilliant show. As is Dexter, which assuming from your avatar (and username), you must like too.

6. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

If you watch that exact ep, where U-Turn is talking to Nancy on the phone, you will notice that they overdubbed something he said with a completely different voice.

Id like to know what they do with the actually airing version.

7. dextertangocci thread starter macrumors 68000

Yes!! I love it:) When's the new season of Dexter airing? will it be on iTunes the day after it airs? Or is it like Weeds?

8. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

Don't know exactly. (I'm in the UK and we get screwed for this sort of thing, so I bittorrent it :eek:)

9. Nugget macrumors 65816

Nugget

If it makes you feel any better, we here in the States get screwed for watching Top Gear and have to bittorrent that. How much nicer life would be if iTMS had everything. :)