"Weeds" (TV Show)

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ActionableMango, Apr 28, 2016.

1. ActionableMango macrumors 604

ActionableMango

I've really enjoyed this show, but I'm about season 4 or 5 I think, after they've moved out of Agrestic to the coast. I feel the show is really going downhill. It's not light hearted any more, and the comedy feels forced. New characters aren't fitting in and old characters are dearly missed. The Mexican Mayor and Nancy have no chemistry whatsoever.

I don't mind walking away if it's never going to turn around and get better.

OTOH, if it IS going to turn around, or even if there's simply a great conclusion to the story, I'd like to know in which case I'll soldier on.

Any thoughts on this?

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I felt the same way when I watched but soldiered on. I don't regret it.

3. imhereareyou macrumors regular

imhereareyou

I agree I stopped too, might jump back on when I am done with everything else.

4. D.T. macrumors 604

D.T.

Stop watching Weeds after Season 3.

Bonus tip: stop watching Californication after Season 4.

5. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

6. A.Goldberg macrumors 68000

A.Goldberg

I thought the first season was good, but progressively downhill from there. It just gets too absurd and the last season they end up in Sandy Hook, CT- an odd place to stage a show. Coincidentally Nancy gets shot at garden party there (keep in mind this was years before the incident at Sandy Hook Elementary). Connecticut is perhaps the most boring place on earth (I grew up there) and so is the final season.

7. D.T. macrumors 604

D.T.

Yeah, we stuck it out the whole series, and I totally agree. S3, burn baby, burn, fade to black. The End.

8. ActionableMango thread starter macrumors 604

ActionableMango

I hung in there a little bit longer, but the show was only getting worse. Weeds is now relegated to the status of "only to be played as background noise when doing house chores".