Weeds

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by iMacZealot, Jul 6, 2008.

1. iMacZealot macrumors 68020

I love that show. My friend told me about it a few weeks ago, and I downloaded seasons 1 and 2 off iTunes, and watched 3 and 4 OnDemand. The writing is very clever, and the actors are pretty good. It's better than anything you'll see on primetime network television right now.

Anyone else a fan?

2. beccajk macrumors newbie

i LOVE that show. my exboyfriend made me watch it a few times but i had only watched a few random episodes and didnt get what was going on..

but this summer i saw they had 3 on demand and i watched all of that.. love it! now im watching season 4 and its really good too. but i still want/need to watch 1 and 2.

3. iMacZealot thread starter macrumors 68020

1 and 2 are really good. Season 1 is a little more comical than the others.

I started on 3 like you, then spent $44 on iTunes on 1 and 2. :p Season 4 is a little odd after the finale of season 3, however. I'm looking forward to the new episode tomorrow night.

4. Saikou macrumors 6502

Saikou

If you like season 4, you definitely need to check out 1 & 2. It's not like 4 isn't any good, it's just that 1 & 2 are better, IMO. (Usually they are... i.e. '24')

5. noaccess macrumors 6502

Definitely one of my favorites at the moment. :)

6. dmr727 macrumors G3

dmr727

My wife and I watch Weeds all the time - it's one of our favorites. Great show, and Mary Louise Parker is hot!

We also can't wait for Californication to come back.

7. beccajk macrumors newbie

yeah i didnt really like the end of season 3 so much.. but im curious to see where they take it.

i want to go rent season 1 and 2 from blockbuster but they never have it all the cds in the store. i guess ill just have to buy them

edit:

i started watching californication because I saw in interview with the bald guy (his agent i think?) and he was on sex in the city so i was curious lol. i saw the first episode of the first season and i was like WHOA (you know, with the nun and all). haha. its a pretty good show though too.

8. comictimes macrumors 6502a

comictimes

wow creepy I JUST started watching that show today after being told I should for a while. It's pretty awesome, I must say.

9. jecapaga macrumors 601

jecapaga

weeds is great although i've dvr'd this season so far and have watched none yet. Where is Dexter!?

10. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Yes, Weeds is excellent. I love the opening sequence too.

I wants me some MILF Weed dammit. Hook me up? http://up.*************/files/1/Images/Smilies/Dogeyes.gif

11. pilotError macrumors 68020

pilotError

The wife and I love both shows. We just started watching Entourage too. I have to go rent the first season of that now...

12. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

I love this show, but my girlfriend and I don't have Showtime. We have to wait for the DVD releases. So this means I'll be starting on season 4 about this time next year. :(

13. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

I saw the first 3 episodes. I'm not huge on watching TV series' but this one was interesting. I watch it when i'm bored.

Or you could "surf the channel" ;)

14. northy124 macrumors 68020

northy124

Ever heard of torrent:rolleyes:.

Weeds rocks I love it season 1 was funniest but season 4 so far is becoming as good as all 3 season's rolled into one.

15. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

I was probably going to end up doing that. I'll wait a few more episodes as we like to watch more than one at a time.

16. brendanryder macrumors 6502a

brendanryder

weeds is an awsome show. its kinda interesting to learn how the biz works haha.
    i havent seen any of season 4 yet, ill have to download that asap

17. szark macrumors 68030

szark

I enjoy watching Weeds, but I don't love it. It's a pretty good show with some incredibly funny moments.

He'll be back in September.

18. Peterkro macrumors 68020

Peterkro

I've got caught up in watching Weeds makes a interesting change from Corrie.

19. MattG macrumors 68040

MattG

Don't have Showtime, never watched the show...all I know is...nummy

Attached Files:

20. iMacZealot thread starter macrumors 68020

*spoiler alert*

Did anybody watch last night? I'm still trying to figure out what's going to happen this season. It seems like after the grandfather (can't remember his name) went on his poker trip that the house in Ren Mar is Nancy's. I think that either Celia, Nancy, or Guillermo will have to end up in prison. If Guillermo does, where will Nancy get her supply?

21. luckygyrl83 macrumors 6502

1st and 2nd season were on sale for 15 bucks at Best Buy. I got it, watched it and am now hooked. Its cleaver, witty and I can see that happening. Im sure it does lol.

22. taylorwilsdon macrumors 68000

taylorwilsdon

I've watched season 1 and 3/4ths of season 2 so far. I like it, but I'm not sure I love it. I just don't have anything better to watch.

23. luckygyrl83 macrumors 6502

I feel your pain. TV is not what it use to be. Guess I gotta explore the world...

24. taylorwilsdon macrumors 68000

taylorwilsdon

Its a shame 24 doesn't run year round, with 3 episodes a week. The first few seasons of that were crazy good in my mind.

But yeah, TV is not what it was a few years ago. I could do entirely without reality stuff and it seems like Fox hasn't come up with a good show since... the first season of Prison Break, maybe.

25. luckygyrl83 macrumors 6502

My thoughts exactly. The whole reality stuff and game shows are so irritating. I guess with everyone striking and SAG contract expiring, its more exciting than re-runs. Now it just means I have to buy more shows on dvd. I think I'll start with Veronica Mars.