Resolved WeeFlashlight for NC issue

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by 3bs, Feb 7, 2012.

1. 3bs, Feb 7, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2012

3bs macrumors 603

3bs

I updated to 1.2 and now I have two widgets in my NC. I only have one in the Notifications settings so I can turn one of them off but I can't do that for the other and I can't control where it is in NC. Anyone else have this issue? I emailed the developer and I'm waiting for a reply.

Another issue not related to this specific update is that the widget doesn't always work on my lock screen using IntelliScreenX but it always does when not in lock screen. Anyone know how to fix this?

Edit: Here's the solution that I got thanks to key123 and fierp:

fierp "Using iFile I edited
    /var/mobile/Library/BulletinBoard/SectionInfo.plist
    and deleted the entry for com.richtownapps.weeflashlight. After respringing Weeflashlight no longer showed up at the bottom while disabled and I was able to enable it right where I wanted."

2. Mac.World macrumors 68000

Mac.World

Have you tried uninstalling the tweak to see if both disappear from NC? If so, reload the tweak. If one remains, you may have another tweak that installed the feature. What else have you downloaded before this happened?

P.s. i updated last night to the new version and no problems.

3. 3bs thread starter macrumors 603

3bs

Yeah I did and both went away until I tried reinstalling it. I recently downloaded Exchange Unlock and NCQuickDismiss

Edit: I tried uninstalling both to see if it changed anything just in case but it didn't

4. Mac.World macrumors 68000

Mac.World

Use ifile and see if the file is still there after you uninstall. Be curious if there is anything else funky in your WeeAppsPlugins folder.

System/Library/WeeAppPlugins/WeeFlashlight.bundle

5. 3bs thread starter macrumors 603

3bs

I don't have iFile and I've never used it or any other file system explorer before

6. green94 macrumors regular

I've noticed this as well - it will turn on but then turn off after a few seconds. Is this what you are experiencing?

7. 3bs thread starter macrumors 603

3bs

Just got iFile. Might as well learn to use it. The whole folder went away after uninstall

Attached Files:

8. 3bs thread starter macrumors 603

3bs

I actually rarely use it in the lock screen because it's unreliable. When not in lock screen it works fine. In lock screen I press it and it says on but it's not on

9. Mac.World macrumors 68000

Mac.World

There is some sort of conflict with another app or apps. I have weeflashlight and weespeeddial and both work exactly as advertised. Good on ya for downloading iFile. At least now, you can see what kind of files there are and how they are utilized by the devs of the tweaks.

The only problem with jailbreaking is some code on some tweaks interfere with the code of other tweaks and it can be a crap shoot.

10. 3bs thread starter macrumors 603

3bs

Yeah I know sometimes tweaks can interfere with each other but I don't see what could be in this case. Already tried uninstalling the only two I downloaded recently and this only happened after the update to 1.2

11. Anony456 macrumors newbie

Same issue here after the update. It's displayed on the notification centre though the tweak is off by default. When you enable the toggle, there will be a duplicate on the nc.

12. Ell2Cool macrumors member

Good to know I'm not the only one with this problem, bad that there's no fix for it yet. This too happened to me when I updated in cydia. Hopefully another update will come out soon to eliminate the duplicate.

13. bigsexyy81 macrumors 6502a

bigsexyy81

14. justinwebb macrumors regular

there was an update for it today i think its 1.3 now

15. 3bs thread starter macrumors 603

3bs

Update to 1.3 and see if it fixes it. It didn't for me but who knows.

Thanks for letting me know. I uninstalled so I didn't know it was updated. However it didn't work. I still have two widgets, only one of which I can control

16. Ell2Cool macrumors member

And another update still! I'm now on 1.4 and I've still got 2 of them. That's now three updates in the last 24 hours if I'm counting right and still no fix :(

17. dieburnbot macrumors 6502a

dieburnbot

Having the same problem. Arghhh. Wish I could go back to 1.1

18. Anony456 macrumors newbie

If I wasn't tempted by the landscape support, I wouldn't have updated it. -.-

19. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

20. 3bs thread starter macrumors 603

3bs

Is there any way to do so?

21. 3bs thread starter macrumors 603

3bs

Yeah

22. Anony456 macrumors newbie

Rebooted and all the notification settings are back to default. After reconfiguring it, everything is back to normal.

23. 3bs thread starter macrumors 603

3bs

Still isn't fixing it with 1.4 even after reboot.

24. GraphicsGeek macrumors 6502a

Having the exact same problem. I've uninstalled, rebooted, reinstalled and it still has 2 buttons in the NC. I hope it gets fixed soon. It's really annoying.

25. Mac.World macrumors 68000

Mac.World

You sure? I know mine is working perfectly. Only one flashlight widget on both lockscreen and homepage when activating NC, although I do have IntelliscreenX, which may have something to do with this? Do you have Intelliscreenx?