Week 1 iPhone 4s home buttons slower than new iPhone 4s!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by blueharvester, Jul 26, 2010.

1. blueharvester macrumors regular

My brother and I both got iPhone 4s on the day they were released. My wife got her new iPhone 4 last week and I noticed that when pressing the home button at the exact same time on both, hers will display the home screen about half a second quicker than our week 1 devices. Then last night I compared it with a 3GS and low and behold the 3GS is quicker than ours!

Has anyone noticed this?

2. Alxvasqz12 macrumors member

this is not right. got mine first week and my brother and sister just got theirs a few days ago and mine is a little faster. ;):apple:

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yeah ok.
    My week 1 i4 is 0.025's of a second faster than yours:rolleyes:

4. blueharvester thread starter macrumors regular

Ok then, so perhaps my theory about early iPhone 4s are wrong. Still doesn't get round the fact that there are some that are slower than others! Anyone else noticed this issue?

5. blueharvester thread starter macrumors regular

How can you be so accurate? ;)

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I used a scientific calculator :D

Maybe the ones that are supposedly slower have more stuff running in the backround or apps preloaded taking up resources than the one that you're testing it against.
    Restart them both, go and turn off all apps there when you double click the home and try again.

7. blueharvester thread starter macrumors regular

Tried that - still slower.

8. sanosan34 macrumors newbie

Are all devices on 4.0.1? I noticed that an iPhone 4 at the Apple Store was on 4.0, my 3GS was on 4.0.1 and the 3GS was faster at bringing up the app switcher by half a second or so.

I didn't see any iPhone 4's on 4.0.1 so I couldn't test to see if iOS version was the cause...

9. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

I don't think they ever update the floor models. I went to my local Apple store a couple days before iP4 launch and for the hell of it I check the firmware version on the 3GS' and they were all 3.0. About a year later and with 4.0 out.

10. blueharvester thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, all devices running the same version.

11. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

The plastic has a different coefficient of hardness.