week 31 Iphone 4...still issues

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mess, Aug 8, 2010.

1. Mess macrumors 6502

Mess

Still got the signal issue. This seems worse than others i have seen. I can leave the phone on the table and have full 3G signal, and then when i pick it up in my RIGHT HAND with fingers on the volume side but not on the antenna strip thing the signal drops to 1 bar. only had the phone 24 hours now and doing my head in how it does that...

Should i take it to apple or back to the network i bought it from?

Please dont say get a bumper. I bought a phone to look at not to cover up!

2. forcetactic macrumors 6502

That does seem to be a bit of a problem. I also have a week 31 phone with death grip if I fully cover the antenna, but it does not lose anything when I just put my right over volume and not the antenna strip.

3. TheBritishBloke macrumors 68030

TheBritishBloke

It doesn't matter what week of manufacturing it is, right now it's still gonna have issues...

If apple do find a way to stop it happening, they will need to replace every iphone 4 owners phone as it will then be defined as faulty.

4. falconman515 macrumors 6502a

falconman515

Sorry bro... its gotta be said.... Get your free bumper!

Basically Jobs said I screwed up now if you like your phone heres a way to fix this issue. If there was another way to fix it he would. Every iPhone 4 released will have this issue no matter what week you get.... the solution to the death grip..... Free Bumper! :(

It is what it is and you knew this issue was present when you bought it, and you knew the solution ahead of time.

The only other option if you dont want to hear buy a bumper........ Return It!

5. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

I must've missed the memo where the iPhones design was altered after a specific production week.

If the phone isn't working out for you, and you don't want a bumper, get a 3GS or an Android/webOS/BB OS/Symbian phone and then get an iPod Touch for your iOS needs.

6. Mess thread starter macrumors 6502

Mess

Yeah i know that! Cheers :rolleyes:

I have read on a few websites that after week 27 production, apple are apparently putting a non-conductive coating over the strip/metal band which then prevents the small electric charge from bridging the 2 antenna and thus preventing the signal attenuation.

7. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

8. Fliesen macrumors 6502a

Fliesen

which is unconfirmed, unlikely and therefore most certainly untrue.

don't you think there'd be a confirmation (them buying a newer unit, measuring the conductivity) from any of the leading tech sites?

9. Mess thread starter macrumors 6502

Mess

10. Thedeathbear macrumors 6502a

Then what is your problem? You can look at it fine. I, on the other hand, use my iPhone as a phone, so I put a sexy black bumper on it.

11. TroyBoy30 macrumors 68020

TroyBoy30

bs